Libyan Tribes Sue Haftar at ICC Over Civilian Massacre

Libya’s Toubou tribes on Tuesday filed a lawsuit at the International Criminal Court (ICC) against warlord Khalifa Haftar over last year’s massacre in the city of Murzuq. In a statement, tribal leader Issa Abdel-Majid Mansour said the lawsuit seeks to “punish criminals and terrorists who committed the massacre of bombing a residential neighborhood in the city of Murzuq”. “The painful massacre that was committed intentionally against the Toubou tribes in Murzuq by Haftar’s militias were carried out by warplanes belonging to the United Arab Emirates,” Mansour said. On August 4, 2019, at least 40 people were killed and dozens injured in an airstrike by Haftar’s militias on a residential neighborhood in Murzuq. readmore

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.